1 the spatial property of the way in which something is placed; "the arrangement of the furniture"; "the placement of the chairs" [syn: arrangement]
2 contact established between applicants and prospective employees; "the agency provided placement services"
3 the act of putting something in a certain place or location [syn: location, locating, position, positioning, emplacement]
- The act of placing or putting in place; the act of locating or positioning; the state of being placed.
- A location or
- It seems to me that the placement of that post could be better.
- The act of matching a person with a job
- The agency does not guarantee placement, but they work on commission.
A location or position
The act of matching a person with a job
- Finnish: työhönsijoitus
- Placement (EDA), an essential step in electronic design automation
- Placement exam, determines which class a student should take
- Favored placement, the practice of preferentially listing search engine results for given sites
- Job placement, a short time spent in a company to get work experience
- Private placement, a direct offering of securities to a limited number of sophisticated institutional investors
- Product placement, a promotional tactic used by marketers in which a real commercial product is used in fictional or non-fictional media
- Public placement, see Initial public offering
abode, accedence, accession, accounting for, allocation, allotment, analysis, answerability, application, appointment, apportionment, area, arrangement, array, arraying, arrogation, ascription, assignation, assignment, assortment, attachment, attribution, bearings, bench mark, blame, cataloging, categorization, charge, classification, codification, collation, collocation, connection with, constitution, coronation, credit, culling, deployment, deposit, deposition, derivation from, disposal, disposition, distribution, district, division, emplacement, employment, engagement, enthronement, etiology, filing, form, formation, formulation, gradation, grading, grouping, hiring, hole, honor, imputation, inauguration, indexing, induction, installation, installment, instatement, investiture, lading, latitude and longitude, lieu, loading, locale, locality, localization, locating, location, locus, marshaling, order, ordering, organization, packing, palaetiology, pigeonholing, pinpoint, pinpointing, place, placing, point, position, positioning, posting, putting, ranging, ranking, rating, reference to, regimentation, region, reposition, responsibility, saddling, screening, selection, sifting, site, situation, situs, sorting, sorting out, spot, spotting, stationing, stead, storage, stowage, stratification, structuring, subdivision, subordination, syntax, tabulation, taking office, taxonomy, triage, typology, whereabout, whereabouts